Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rear Window

1954 - Color - Thriller - Starring James Stewart, Grace Kelly, & Raymond Burr - Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

James Stewart portrays L.B. Jefferies, a wheelchair-bound photographer who takes up a new hobby of spying on his neighbors. He is convinced that a terrible act of murder has taken place and attempts to sway his friends to believe him. Sometimes, curiosity is just too overwhelming.

My Review
This was one of Hitchcock's masterpieces. I was immediately wrapped into this movie...it captured me and allowed me to feel the tension building slowly until the terrifying climax. James Stewart is wonderful and as loveable as always. And Grace Kelly...omg, Grace Kelly is so stunning as Jefferies' girlfriend. Many people may be turned off by the fact this film almost exclusively takes place from Jefferies' apartment, but I really could feel just how "trapped" he had to feel. I give this a full 5 Stars for the great acting, incredible suspense, and true Hitchcockian feel this movie delivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment